Friday, May 25, 2018
A Final Reflection
After having a couple days to process what just happened I can say that I am beyond grateful for the experience. From the amazing sights that we saw to the people I got to experience the trip with, it was an experience of a life time. The memory that struck me the most from this trip was when we finally reached the “edge of the world” which was the end of the camino and we got to see what it was like for the pilgrims to finally get there. There was one lady who burst into tears as soon as she reached the end. I couldn’t tell if they were tears of joy or tears of sadness, either way it was the most touching thing I’d seen the entire trip. I can’t imagine what it would feel like to finish the camino but I’m sure I’d also burst out into tears. The things that the pilgrims have to go through whether it be rough weather or not so ideal living conditions, it is quite the accomplishment for them to finally get to the end. Thinking about it I can’t help but want to go back and ask the pilgrims what was running through their heads as they finished. Were they glad to be done? Were they sad? Or, did they feel like they didn’t know what to do with themselves since they had just spent at least a month doing nothing but walking, eating, and seeing the sights. Watching the pilgrims alongside the road as we drove made me start to think about how dedicated you have to be to your faith to put yourself through something like that. I hope to have faith as strong as that. Overall, I will never forget my first trip abroad and how it was an eye opening experience that I loved. I finally got to fulfill my dream of traveling abroad and I loved every minute of it! What a way to end my junior year of college!!🇫🇷🇪🇸❤️
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment