I was beyond excited to be embarking on this journey when it began, and let me tell you, it was more than I could've imagined. Not only was there plenty of splendid food, beautiful sights, and great company, but I learned so much about the path that many pilgrims follow along the Camino. As someone who is unsure on what I believe in terms of religion, the prospect of following a religious pilgrimage was daunting at first. But I learned on this trip so much about how it doesn't matter what you believe when walking the Camino de Santiago. The Camino can be whatever journey an individual decides to make it about. People from all walks of life come to follow this path, and it is quite inspiring to learn about. I've been enlightened on this trip, and feel as though I only got a small taste of the amazing things that the Camino can give me. I fully intend on returning someday in the future to walk every kilometer of it...



No comments:
Post a Comment