Friday, May 4, 2018

First Part of This New Journey

Hello everyone my name is Sulibeth Velez and I will be sharing with you about my experience during our first day in Toulouse, France. For our first day in Toulouse we visited the cathedral Basilique Saint-Sernin. This cathedral is part of the pilgrimage that leads to Camino de Santiago in Spain and is one of the cathedrals were people can get their papers to begin their pilgrimage journey. This cathedral started getting built in 1070 to the 16th century, which was during the Romanesque period. 


 

Once I walked in to this cathedral I was amazed by how beautiful and amazing everything looked; just by entering the cathedral and walking around gave me chills. I was very amazed with the fact that they have kept pieces and relics that belong to early centuries. From this entire journey in the cathedral, something that got my intention was some feet in a column of the church. The feet did not had any description to them so I did not know the meaning behind them and some people that walked in to the cathedral touch them. After that I tried to look up some meaning to this and what I personally belief it represents is when Jesus was washing the disciples’ feet. The place where the feet are located is in a part of the church were people go to meditate and pray, and it was separated from all other places to pray in the church. In my own interpretation, I think this feet represent the humility and servanthood of Jesus followers, and is in a place where they can personally connect with Jesus. 




No comments:

Post a Comment