Close to where I found this information, I was lead to a map (below) that held many symbols dictating other pilgrimages that draw their roots to various religions. Both Catholic and Orthodox have their own, along with Hinduism, Judaism, and Islam. Others include, Buddhism, Taoism, and more. I found it very interesting that the most populated places for pilgrimages lied in areas where the religion stuck but also may or may not have been reached to hold relics or other important items to draw people to those areas. For example, there is a few catholic and islamic spots in Eastern Africa. After some research I found that these places do not hold relics, however, the hold miracles and experiences that those walking the path wish to experience. I related this back to two individuals who I spoke with about "their" trip to Santiago. They reflected on the people they met and the importance of the road there. It was amazing to experience the road through them and be able to discover more about other pilgrimages along the way!
http://jesuitsmidwest.org/news-detail?TN=NEWS-20141028012037&Method=Active
No comments:
Post a Comment